EP3 Sonic Defenders protect your hearing without interfering with your ability to hear routine sounds or conversations. Their double-flanged-stem design fits most people and provides a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24dB. Sounds, at safe levels, are allowed to pass through into the ear canal, while potentially harmful noises (above 85dB) are reduced via a proprietary design that incorporates a special noise-reducing filter. EP3s include attached filter caps, which can be inserted for additional protection and blocking out lower-level noise, like that heard on a plane, where hearing ambient sounds or conversations isn't critical. Right/left color-coded Sonic Defenders are made from a soft but durable, hypoallergenic polymer that provides all-day comfort and an extended product life (up to 6+ months, depending on usage and care). Their patented EarLock® retention rings lock the earplugs in place, while soft, adjustable double-flanged stems provide secure seals in the ear canals. A low-profile design means EP3s can be worn while wearing a helmet or mask, or while using a phone or headset.
Comfortable EP3 Sonic Defenders also serve as earpieces for SureFire™ Hearing Protection and other compatible radio communication systems* simply by removing the noise-reducing filter and attaching the earpiece to the system. NOTE: EP3 earpiece will not provide hearing protection if the noise-reducing filter is removed. * RADIO COMM SYSTEM
Thales: Covert Security Harness; Harris: Security Force Communication Set;
Motorola: Surveillance Kits; Tactical Command Industries: Tactical Earpiece Products; Peltor: Lightweight Systems-Hearplug;
Silynx: C4Ops Headset
- Noise Reduction Rating - 24 dB (with filter caps inserted)
- Filter - Yes
- Stem - Double Flanged
- Radio Comm Compatible - Yes
- Included Lanyards - Detachable
- 24dB Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) with filter caps inserted
- Lowers potentially dangerous noise levels above 85dB
- Hear safe sound levels (with filter caps out) as if you weren't wearing ear plugs
- Patented EarLock® retention rings utilize seven contact points to lock earpieces in place and fit the same way every time; soft, double-flanged stems provide secure seals and all-day comfort
- Made from hypoallergenic, medical-grade polymer that's soft, durable, and long-lasting
- Low-profile design allows you to keep them in place while wearing a mask, helmet, hat, or while using phone, headphones, or supplemental hearing muffs
- Serve as earpieces for compatible* radio communication systems
- 26" polymer lanyard included
Manufacturer offers a 90 day warranty against any manufacturing defects
This does not cover any abuse or neglect of equipment.
Proof of purchase require (electronic copy will work).