1. – 100% aramid hood’s manufacture takes advanced material as flame retardant aramid. Aramid fiber is a new type of high-tech synthetic fiber. With ultra-high strength, high modulus, high temperature resistance, acid resistance, alkali resistance and other excellent properties harmless to human health and the environment. The scientific design and quality manufacture ensures the life safety of fire fighters as much as possible.
2. – The hood will not burn when exposed to extreme heat environment. It will not melt and will become stiff in a fire. It will not shrink when exposed to flame and heat for short periods of time.
3. – This hood delays transmission of heat on the same level as wool. It is lightweight, excellent thermal protection performance, and a TPP rating of 28cal/cm.
4. – The hood has excellent resistance to organic solvents, weak alkalies, weak acids and provide good resistance against strong alkalies and strong acids for short-term exposure.
5. This hood can still maintain its protective flame or thermal resistant qualities and exhibit low shrinkage even after repeated washing, drying and laundering.
6. This hood is one size fit’s all.
7. The hood conforms to Europe EN 13911. Double layer structure is made of 100% aramid.
8. Weight of cloth: 200g/m2
These world class 100% Aramid hoods are designed for use when in close proximity to a fire, flame, or burning debris. The hood is for the safety, security and protection of face and neck from burning debris,flame and heat. It is designed for firefighters, soldiers, Pyro technicians and other professionals.
This is one of those things you should have and after years of following bare basics or what was “Issued” … try one of these then tell me how much nicer it is when there is no more burning debris hitting the back of your neck or a flaming chunk hits you in the face,falling burning debris and flaming pyro and other technical devices .
You will wish you got one of these years ago!